Mashonda Covers KING Magazine

"Love & Hip-Hop" star Mashonda heats up the cover of KING Magazine May/June 2011 issue.  Inside she talks about her new show, her loyalty tattoo and dating.

The issue doesn't hit newsstands until March 29th but here's a few highlights and goodies just for you.

On Her Loyalty Tattoo
I got it a year after everything started going downhill.  Its a reminder to me that I have to be loyal to myself for once.


I was so loyal to everyone and I totally forgot about me.  This is what it represents loyalty to self.  Now I have to do things that I love to do, and I have to make myself happy, because I don't really agree when people say, "I need a man 'cause I want to be happy" or "I'm not happy because I don't have a man".  That's not where it starts.  Happiness starts from within and that's in my focus.


On Love & Hip-Hop
I did a few episodes [first], then ended up doing a lot of episodes because the chemistry was perfect with me and Emily.  I ended up being a recurring guest, and it worked out perfectly, because I'm on the show and people get to see me and hear my stories.  But it's not like a character that's there.



On Her Role With Emily
At the time that we shot, I was in a great place, so that's what made the difference.  I felt like that was my therapy, and that's all I wanted to do.  Anytime I'd log in Facebook or Twitter, there would be tons of women reaching out to me, thanking me for sharing my story.  Those messages gave me a lot of strength, a lot of courage.  From that point on, I just wanted to help women, and Emily being a good friend of mine, it was easy for me to go on there and talk to her and be honest.


On Male Groupies
[Laughs] Oh, Lord you know what, I show everybody love.  But I don't like the word "groupie" -- It's so harsh.  I don't feel there's anything wrong with one person admiring another person.


Check out pics and behind the scenes footage below.





Want more? Check Out KING Magazine

0 comments:

Post a Comment